Friday, March 14, 2014

Overall Thoughts

My thoughts over the whole project. These thoughts are going to be about things I would like to improve, what I think I did well in, what I learned from this experience, and new more efficient ways of doing things.

Things I would like to improve upon

  • Better texture for stuff like the ground and fence
  • More time to model more things and make the whole park more detailed
  • Revamp certain things like going back over the fencing of the tennis court and basketball "netting" and instead of having tons of cylinders making it up change it to something more like the nets for the volleyball and tennis courts net by making it a UV texture.


Things I think I did well

  • UV texturing for things like the volleyball and tennis court nets
  • Smaller objects like benches look nice as well as a few of the bigger objects like the courts (volleyball and tennis)
  • Taking advantage of texturing to allow for a lot of time to be saved
What I have learned from this experience

  • UV texturing is not complicated and is very helpful. Use it often with a well done design.
  • Thing far ahead on any possible situations that can throw you off track like on due dates. Things like possible snow days and problematic animation issues.
  • Be more through while looking through the animation. Example is after rendering the whole thing I noticed that one of the first trees was floating in the first 35 pictures. I then had to re-render them causing a delay in the final thing.
  • When texturing with psd files don't click file while texturing mental hates it. (Click psd file) :P
The most efficient thing I have found during this animation process is that UV texture can save time, save polygons, and even save you... sanity on certain problems encountered. I almost lost my mind trying to figure out how to correctly texture the whole ground.

My overall thoughts is I think I did well but overall I think I would love to have a lot more time to work on this and not have to face a deadline.

Extra Note: The final render will be uploaded soon in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment